Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday's Fill in Flicks. Sharing a few of my favorites.

Happy Friday!



This is what happened last night. The wreath says October, but the snow says December.
Weather experts are saying 10 inches of snow Saturday night with power outages very likely! 


I'm still in kitchen limbo!  I have been unable to get to my gadgets to do a Friday Flick worthy of posting.  I know, I know you're all sad, but this should make you feel better.
I'm going to share some of my favorite YouTube videos. These videos use some kitchen gadgets I've shown you already. I've also included a few of my favorite food blogs that you might enjoy, even if you don't cook and you know who you are  


Football Sunday Beef Stew
For football & non-football fans, I've posted a recipe below that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Enjoy!
See you all from my new kitchen soon.


If you only watch one video, watch this one. This adorable lady refers to her Cuisinart food processor as a "coos a nair". I love it!  She makes this recipe for pizza dough for her friends and family and decided to share it with everyone. I've watched this over and over, just because I enjoy Mary! Hope you do too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSucWOWKWUs

When you want to treat yourself to a childhood favorite, take a look at this whoopie pie video. Get your drool bib ready!  http://www.joyofbaking.com/WhoopiePies.html

If you still have a craving for zucchini "spaghetti", here is another video demo of the Spiral Slicer gadget I used in one of my earlier flicks.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2izUgu0xjI

I found this gal when I was searching for a how to make bread video, and was impressed at many of her other instructional presentations.  Here is one that I like, but have not yet to try in my new Cuisinart pressure cooker.   http://www.youtube.com/user/everydayfoodstorage#p/u/48/cZ0MQ0dv5i4

This gal loves and cooks Italian.  The photos are fabulous!  http://www.bellalimento.com/
"Why bell’alimento you ask? Bell’Alimento is Italian for beautiful food (another ah ha moment) It’s pronounced 
bell all-e-men-to. "  "My food philosophy is simply “beautiful food doesn’t have to be complicated”. Italian food is about simple, quality ingredients combined with love and are meant to be shared with family & friends! Punto! (period)"


Early Sunday, enlist your football fans to be  your sous chefs and get this hearty stew cooking in the oven or crock pot.  It'll be ready to eat before half time!


Football Sunday Beef Stew



2 pounds cubed beef stew meat 
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Salt & Pepper or
 1 Tbsp. Montreal Seasoning

3 tablespoons oil or butter
1 onion, chopped
4 carrots, sliced
3 stalks celery, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 cups water



Put flour in zip top bag, add cubed beef, shake until evenly coated.

Melt butter or  put oil in a skillet. Cook coated beef cubes until evenly browned.

Transfer beef to slow cooker or Dutch Oven.

Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, cloves, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.  Pour in water and stir.

Crock Pot:  Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours.
Dutch Oven: Cover and cook in a preheated 350 degree oven 3 to 4 hours.
Leftovers, if any, can be poured into a pie plate, covered with a pre-made pie crust for a "pot pie".  Bake at 400 degrees for 10 - 15 min or until crust is browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have any gadgets you'd like to see used? Do you have any favorites of your own? Post suggestions, ideas, reviews.