Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Corn Muffins in Cast Iron Skillets

Happy New Year's Eve day!
I got up this morning  in a baking mood.  I found a bag of Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Stone Ground Cornbread Mix & Cornmeal Muffin Mix in my freezer. Corn muffins sounded good.   I haven't used my Lodge cast iron wedge cornbread skillet yet, so I thought I'd try the mix and the skillet.  The results were perfectly delicious! The skillet worked beautifully, and the mix was delicious.
Recipe called for 1 1/4 c water, 1/4 c oil, 1 egg. I baked these at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
I sprayed each wedge with Pam. One of the wedges I filled with water..I ran out of mix.
Makes 15 wedges or 12 muffins.  Old Weight Watchers Points: 3



The mix says "Friend of the Heart".
 Below are the nutrition facts:
Nutrition Facts
1 Muffin
130 calories        Calories from fat 50
Total Fat  6g               9% daily value
Saturated Fat .5g         2%
Trans Fat  0
Cholesterol  20mg        7%
Total Carbs  17g          6%
Dietary Fiber 2g           8%
Sugars 0
Protein 3g
Vitamin A 0
Vitamin C 0
Calcium 4%
Iron 4%




No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have any gadgets you'd like to see used? Do you have any favorites of your own? Post suggestions, ideas, reviews.