Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Chocolate Mini "lava" cakes WW Friendly

 
This past Wednesday I wanted to make a Weight Watchers friendly lunch and dessert for my cousin and I.
I made homemade chicken soup (same recipe as in archived video post) and I made these chocolate mini cakes:


I did a search for Weight Watchers mini muffins and came up with a recipe that called for a 15 oz. can of pumpkin. I did not have pumpkin.  I remembered that many low calorie recipes called for applesauce so I decided to experiment.  What resulted were mini chocolate cakes that had a "molten lava" type center! The molten lava was actually the moist center created by the applesauce. The chocolate mini cakes recipe using  pumpkin were one Weight Watcher point. I would say the applesauce cakes would be about the same.
 I do hope you'll try this and let me know how you like it.
Gadgets: I used this cute Nordic Ware Tartlet pan to bake them in & this tablespoon size scoop.
                                                
Recipe

Cheryl's Chocolate Applesauce Mini Cakes
Makes 24 Mini Cakes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1 box    Betty Crocker Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
1 1/2 cups Applesauce (I used my homemade applesauce w/cinnamon, no sugar)
1/4 cup water 
If your applesauce is watery, only add a little water at a time until the batter looks like what
 a traditional cake mix would look like at this point using the traditional recipe.

Mix the above with an electric mixer for 3 minutes until well blended.
Spray with cooking spray your muffin tin.
Almost fill each mini muffin tin.
 If you have scoops, use the medium (1 Tbsp.) scoop, see below Amazon item
Bake for 20 minutes. The middles will be moist, so a toothpick test will not work.
As long as the tops look cooked, the mini cake is done.

I ate one hot out of the oven! It was delicious.
 Once cooled, you can package and freeze them.





                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have any gadgets you'd like to see used? Do you have any favorites of your own? Post suggestions, ideas, reviews.