Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker Rice. Mistake? Not really.

Last night I tried my Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker for the first time. I used it to make brown rice. It quite possibly was human error, but there was some excess water in the cooker after the cooking time was up. The pressure cooker worked very well, and the non stick inner pan wiped out clean.
It's going to be a great kitchen tool.

UPDATE: It was human error. In my rush to see the cooked rice I used the Quick Pressure Release method to get the steam out of the cooker, I should have been patient and waited letting the Natural Pressure Release do it's thing. That would have allowed the needed time to finish cooking the rice.  I'm happy I found this out, but just as happy I took it out early!

The rice was slightly under cooked, so I removed it from the pressure cooker and put it into the braising liquid that I used to cook the pork chops. Wow, did that work out well! The rice was absolutely soooooo delicious.  I will  definitely make it this way again. Definitely. The rice takes on the flavor of the cider and A1 sauce. The chops were moist and flavorful.
Sometime mistakes can work out to be better than the original plan!
Recipe, products and pictures below.

Brown Rice, Pork Chops, & Applesauce

Pork Chop braising broth:
1 1/2 cups apple cider
2 Tablespoons A1 sauce

Pork Chops
4 center cut chops (you can use bone in)
Salt & Pepper

Season chops, sear in a hot cast iron skillet (with a drop of oil on the bottom, if needed).
Once seared, add braising broth.
Cook to internal temperature of 155 for medium doneness.
Remove chops and add rice until cooked to desired doneness.

Brown Rice
1 cup of brown rice
2 cups water

Cook the rice until "al dente".  Pour the rice and the remainder of the liquid (not more than 1/4 cup) into the pork chop braising broth. Add cider if needed until rice is completely cooked.

Serve with applesauce.
(Our applesauce was made from our apples, cut up with skins, and cooked in Crock Pot with cinnamon.)



1 comment:

  1. I love mine! It's changed my life in the kitchen and I'm eating so much healthier!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have any gadgets you'd like to see used? Do you have any favorites of your own? Post suggestions, ideas, reviews.