Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bailey's Caramel Irish Cream Mini Birthday Cakes

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm a day late with my post, but my laptop died on Monday.  I didn't think it was possible, but it was revived by a family member who (lucky for me) owns a computer repair shop and I got it back yesterday. Whew!

This morning I whipped up a tray of these cute little cakes using the recipe that came with the mold.  If you don't have one of these molds, you could put the batter in a mini muffin pan. (This mold was used on another of my Friday blogs.)
The recipe is for Rum Cakes, but being that it is St. Paddy's day,  I substituted Bailey's Caramel Irish Cream.
This is not a very sweet batter, you could increase the sugar if you like a sweeter cake.
Gadgets used: Cuisinart hand mixer, silicone mini cake tray.
Enjoy!!

Rum Cake

1/2 stick softened butter
1/4 cup sugar 
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. rum (or the Irish Cream)
Makes 15 mini birthday cakes

Cream the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla & rum.
Add baking powder & flour.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
 Test with toothpick, if it comes out clean, they are done.
Cool & lightly dust with confectionery sugar.
I cut some of the excess batter off which made
 for some nice snacks for the cook!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have any gadgets you'd like to see used? Do you have any favorites of your own? Post suggestions, ideas, reviews.