Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Special Sugar Cookies, Peanut Butter Balls & Cake Pops

Baking sweet treats for my daughter's shower Saturday was my motivation for this week's Kitchen Gadget post.

I made Special Sugar Cookies, Peanut Butter Balls & Cake Pops (and four lasagnas that aren't shown on this blog). :-)   It was a labor of love.

The gadgets I used for the sugar cookies is my new rolling pin, mini sifter, and my trusty sil pat mats. The gadgets used for the peanut butter balls was the large sifter, the mini scoop and my Kitchenaid Mixer.  The gadget used for the cake pops was the Cake Pop maker and batter pen (see archives).

The theme for my daughter's shower is "Spring Bling", so I used Wilton's silver sugar sprinkles as well as their glitter dust.

The recipe for the sugar cookies came from allrecipes.com
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chewy-sugar-cookies/
For the icing, I used a simple mixture of confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla.

The recipe for the peanut butter balls came from food.com (photos of my peanut butter balls see pics #5 & #6)
http://www.food.com/recipe/peanut-butter-balls-21812
For the coating, I melted semi sweet chips.

The cake pops were made from a traditional cake mix.
For the topping, I made a chocolate ganache.
http://savorysweetlife.com/2009/08/simply-glorious-chocolate-ganache-recipe-3-ways/





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have any gadgets you'd like to see used? Do you have any favorites of your own? Post suggestions, ideas, reviews.